Dr. Thumbay Moideen forayed into medical education and healthcare services in the Ajman-United Arab Emirates, when there was no existing set-up to cater to the needs of the students to pursue higher education in medicine and healthcare sciences in the private sector. Dr. Thumbay Moideen is the first expatriate to be invited by the Rulers of Ajman to start a medical college in the U.A.E. Thus, the Gulf Medical College took shape which soon became a destination for medical education not only for local students but to students from over 75 countries. Today, the institution is a name to reckon with in the region and stands out on par with some of the best medical institutions in the world.
The result of Dr. Thumbay Moideen’s initiatives and vision have taken medical education to a greater level and has resulted in several students graduating and presently working or pursuing Post Graduate Courses in over 20 countries. Graduates of Gulf Medical University (GMU) are placed in leading universities across the world.
Thumbay Group: Highlights
- One of the leading private medical university in the Middle East, owned and operated by Thumbay Group
- Largest network of private academic hospitals in the region
- Reputed chain of pharmacies, diagnostic labs and multi-brand retail outlets
- Chain of world-class family health clubs and spas
- Popular chains of coffee shops and restaurants
- Publisher of the most popular health & lifestyle magazine in the region
- Dealing with patients from over 175 countries
- Students from 80 countries, faculty and staff from over 22 countries
- Growing Global Presence